Hyland Levin Shapiro’s Food and Beverage Law Group is an inter-disciplinary legal team with specific knowledge of and experience in the food and beverage industry. Our attorneys provide a wide range of legal services and support to clients on operational, contractual, regulatory and business matters. Our experience includes:
- Serving as outside general counsel in the U.S. to international manufacturers and domestic manufacturers and processors of foods and ingredients.
- Regularly drafting commercial contracts relevant to the food industry including manufacturing, co-packing, product development, joint development, confidentiality, NDAs, licensing, distribution, indemnification and guarantees, broker, bailment, warehousing, supplier, floor stock, private labels, independent contractor, management and consulting agreements and terms and conditions of sale and purchase.
- Active, ongoing counseling on supply chain transparency, e-commerce sales, codes of conduct, corporate social responsibility, OFAC requirements, and FDA, FSMA and USDA matters relating to food safety, food labeling and regulatory compliance.
- Representing national restaurant chains, shopping center developers, hotels and local business owners in liquor license transactions and regulatory matters in the State of New Jersey, including the purchase and sale of liquor licenses, place-to-place and person-to-person transfers, pocket licenses, special rulings, and management and structuring issues.
- Representing food and beverage clients in a complete range of commercial, regulatory and contract disputes and litigation matters, including the protection of trade secrets and confidential business information, transportation and supply chain logistics, internal and regulatory investigations, white-collar crime matters, indemnification claims, and employment related disputes.
- Providing sophisticated real estate and financing, land use, environmental and leasing services to national franchisors, multi-unit franchise owners, wineries, restaurant tenants and local food and alcohol beverage retailers.
- Performing due diligence and negotiating and documenting mergers, acquisitions, financings and refinancings, stock and asset sales and joint ventures involving food and beverage businesses.
- Assisting distributors and supply chain logistic companies in negotiating and structuring transportation and logistics contracts for shipping and warehousing.