Our firm has a proud history of representing some of the most respected non-profit organizations in the South Jersey community for many years.
Clients include tax-exempt health care networks and organizations, animal welfare organizations, religious organizations, family foundations, public charities, educational institutions, and community associations.
Our knowledgeable attorneys –who are tireless in serving the needs of the nonprofit sector –understand the goals of non-profits and most importantly ways to save them money and help them generate strong revenues to support their individual missions. Our lawyers have first-hand knowledge and understanding of the operational challenges that organizations face, serving on Boards of over a dozen non-profits in South Jersey, including Boys and Girls Club of Camden County, Wiley Mission, Virtua Health Foundation, Girl Scouts Council for Central & Southern New Jersey, Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey and its agencies, Saint Joan of Arc Church (Marlton), and Haddonfield Plays and Players.
Our experience advising non-profit organizations on today’s commercial and tax issues includes:
- Formation of non-profit organizations, including private foundations and public charities, in compliance with all relevant federal, state and local laws
- Application for federal tax-exempt status
- Assistance with structuring the Board of Directors/Trustees
- Corporate governance and policy advice for compliance with and maintenance of tax-exempt status
- Employment law counseling and litigation
- Conflict of interest avoidance, policies, and disclosure
- Charitable giving planning, including donor advised funds and endowments
- Ethical issues
- Financing and other loan arrangements
- Preparation and review of contracts with third-party vendors
- Joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings
- Real estate transactions (e.g., preparation and review of purchase and sale and lease agreements, land use representation)
- Commercial Litigation