Our litigators try cases, both jury and non jury, on behalf of individuals and businesses in state and federal court, before administrative agencies and in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. We regularly handle disputes arising out of:
- Contracts and Secured Transactions
- Real Estate Development, Lending and Land Use
- Employment Issues, including Post Employment Restrictive Covenants, Wrongful Termination and/or Discrimination
- Business Torts including Claims of Fraud and Unfair Competition, Tortious Interference with Contract and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Trade Secrets and Rights to Intellectual Property
- Statutory Claims under the Lanham Act, Federal and State RICO Statutes, New Jersey’s Franchise Practices Act and Consumer Fraud Act, among others
- Commercial Mortgage Foreclosures
- Commercial Leasing Issues
In addition to a broad commercial litigation practice, the firm regularly handles litigation related to its substantive practice areas. This includes prerogative writ actions challenging municipal decisions, condemnation, inverse condemnation and eminent domain litigation, tax appeals and assessments, administrative proceedings and contested cases with state and federal agencies, franchise issues and challenges to development approvals in a variety of forums. In connection with our leasing practice, we represent landlords in commercial eviction proceedings and actions to recover rent from defaulting tenants.
In the environmental area, we handle trial and appellate proceedings involving the Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act, the Coastal Area Facilities Review Act, the Industrial Site Recovery Act, The Pinelands Protection Act and numerous other state and federal environmental laws.